Discover more from The Success Pod
15 Inspirational Lessons from Ernest Hemingway
Find Courage, Truth, and Beauty in Life
Read time: 2 mins
Ernest Hemingway was a prolific writer.
He explored themes of courage, perseverance, and the human condition in his work.
His writing is known for its honesty, simplicity, and emotional depth.
His work has inspired many readers over the years.
And here are 15 powerful quotes from him that might inspire you:
1. The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.
2. Courage is grace under pressure.
3. The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.
4. The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.
5. All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.
6. The best people possess a feeling for beauty, the courage to take risks, the discipline to tell the truth, the capacity for sacrifice.
Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable; they are often wounded, sometimes destroyed.
7. In order to write about life first you must live it.
8. But man is not made for defeat, he said. A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
9. Never mistake motion for action.
10. The first draft of anything is garbage.
11. There is no friend as loyal as a book.
12. I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?
13. The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.
14. The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.
15. The world is full of strange phenomena that cannot be explained by the laws of logic or science. Dennis Rodman is only one example.
p.s. If you are enjoying my weekly newsletter, the best favor you could do for me is to reply to this email with your feedback or share and say a few nice words online.